Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Creating Printables

Hi friends
I have been asked several times how I create things for my classroom. I thought I would give a couple tips on what I do. First, let me start by saying if you hope to be great in a week, think again. I still have so much to learn from the great creators.

Here are my biggest tips for you.

1. I use powerpoint. I used to use Word, but let me tell you - word is frustrating. Word, in my opinion are for papers, not creativity. I like it because wherever you want to have information put, you can do it. I love that you can make things editable (a future post) and you are able to save them securely.

I am a MAC user, so these are things I do on my mac, so if you have a PC, hopefully it is the same, but I can't say for sure.

I will give you some basics and some do's and don'ts that I have learned along the way.

I am all about short cuts.
I use the command button on so much.
command A makes it highlight everything in your text box
command e centers everything in the text box
command L left justifies things
command R right justifies your text
command c copies everything you highlight
command v pastes

This has made life a lot easier for me.

2. Content is key - make sure you know what you are making and that you have double checked it. Have someone look over your work, or be prepared to fix it if you make a mistake. I made about ten last night making my last product!

3. Borders matter - invest in borders they are worth the money and make your products stand out. Start with free ones, but as you make money, invest. I invested even before I made money because everything I create, I use in my own classroom so I wanted quality products.

4. The same goes for digital paper - I love having them for a flashy title page. Nothing makes someone stop faster then to see bright titles!

5. In my opinion this is the most important because it is what your kids will see and use and what makes other teachers buy your products! Invest - it will pay off.

6. Be creative - nothing is better than seeing something that hasn't been done before. If you are going to do something similar give credit where credit is due and make it your own.

7. If you make something, use it in your own classroom before selling it so you can share real pictures of it in motion. It will also let you know if it works, or if you need to adjust something.

I made a video that shows you live and my step by step process so you can follow along as you move through the powerpoint process.

These are some of the video stills you will find in the pack you will buy! :)

I hope you find this helpful! :)








It will be on sale for only $5.00 for 48 hours. 

I hope you enjoy it! :) 











Mrs. H.

No comments:

Post a Comment