Thursday, February 20, 2014

Meet Jessica:0)

HELLO!!
Welcome to the Collaboration Connection!  I am Jessica from Tales of a First Grade Teacher. 
If you have ever stopped by my blog before you know I'm a big fan of sound tracks as you read. While, I can't always fit music into every post, I hope you can enjoy this song, while you read a little bit about me.


 
--I just like this song :0)
This is my 16th year in the classroom!  Sometimes that number just blows me away, but there you have it. I have been married for 13 of those years and have 2 kiddos--ages 9 1/2 and 7 1/2.
I've taught 4th grade, 3rd grade and 1st grade.  But, I will tell you 1st grade is my favorite.  I see so much growth in the 9-10 months I have my class.  It makes the job truly rewarding. Here is a peek inside my classroom. You can click HERE to see a full description of my classroom decor and set-up.


interactive Word Wall--Ribbon and Velcro
My Word Wall is my favorite part of my room.  I have been using ribbons and velcro for at least 7 years, to make my word wall interactive. Students can remove a word and replace it as needed. The paper, does not get ripped down, and the ribbons are stapled in place.
The Calendar is another great tool for learning. I utilize the Calendar as part of our morning meeting and integrate math with some Whole Brain Teaching.  Click HERE to read more about my Calendar transformation.
Of Course, No classroom would be complete with out fluffy poms hanging over the desks!! These are my new favorite trend and I really hope the fire marshal likes them too :0)

Here's what I'm doing this week in my classroom for Presidents' day!
Time Keeps on Tickin' We are learning time to the hour and 1/2 hour!  No Time unit would be complete without a make your own clock! and....Presidents' Day Fundamentals!!!
So, the hat and glasses obviously are not part of the craft, but this is by far my favorite craft of the year!!

Let me end with a little freebie for you... Click HERE to grab your Free 2 Little Pigs Pack. Compare and Contrast the Original version of The 3 Little Pigs to The True story of the 3 Little Pigs.
Don't forget to enter our Giveaway!! Click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment