Monday, February 24, 2014

Introducing...Jessica!

Hi Everyone! 
I'm Jessica from the blog Covered in Glitter and Glue.
I'm really excited to be a part of this collaborative blog and to share some fun ideas.

A little about myself...

I live in Northern California in the house that I grew up in. I love doing craft projects with my mom and friends (usually ones that involve glitter), going to Target numerous times a week (there's always something I need), and spending time with my family playing games and laughing.
I've been married for eight years and while we don't have kids yet, our pets are our furbabies. 
We have a cat named Chase who does a ton of sleeping. We have a golden retriever named Dakota who is pretty much my favorite thing in the world. He's a little over a year old and is so stinkin' cute.
I've been teaching for eight years all in 2nd and 3rd grade. 2nd grade is where my heart is. I love the innocence yet independence of 2nd graders. I love to see how much the students grow from the beginning of the year, and I love that they still think I'm hilarious and that school is fun. 

At school I'm all about organization and routine. 
My classroom is decorated in blues and greens and black and white polka dots. It wasn't until I started decorating my classroom in polka dots that I realized my obsession with them. There are days that I have to make sure I tone down my love for them, otherwise I'm showing up to school in a polka dot sweater, carrying my polka dot lunch bag, wearing a polka dot bow in my hair. It's kind of ridiculous. 
I love my flip flops, the color pink, handbags, and am a wee bit obsessed with Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty. I've seen them 10 times in concert and swear they just keep getting better. 

I love Instagram and the teacher community that's on there. I love seeing everyone's creative ideas, fun moments, and that you can ask a school-related question and have a ton of suggestions in a matter of minutes. If you're on Instagram, I'd love to connect!
Today I thought I'd share with you my pink and black binder cover freebie. I use a ton of binders in my classroom for pretty much every subject and every committee. I love having the binders labeled and organized and most importantly, cute. If I'm going to stare at the binder every day or during long meetings, it might as well make me happy. 
Click on the picture to download. 
Don't forget- our first giveaway ends tonight, make sure you enter to win some great products! 


Glitter Text @ Glitterfy.com







No comments:

Post a Comment