Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Introducing . . . . Carrie

Hi all!!  I'm Carrie - one of the C's in  Table Talk with C and C and I am soooo excited to be a part of this amazing blogging adventure!


So, let me tell you a little about myself.  I am a Midwest girl - born and raised in a small town in Central Illinois.  My husband and I are high school sweethearts and we now live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
I started my teaching career in Houston, TX teaching 4th grade.  Even though we loved many things about Texas, we missed home and decided to move back to Illinois.  I have been teaching for 16 years . . .WOW -  It really doesn't seem like that long!  I have spent the majority of my teaching career teaching intermediate grades.  I taught multi-age classes for many years - 3rd/4th/5th and 4th/5th.  But, an unexpected move brought me to my current position teaching 2nd grade and I LOVE it!!  This is my 3rd year teaching 2nd grade and it's a new adventure every day!  Second graders love most everything and seem to get excited about whatever we are learning.  I love hearing their inquisitive questions and interesting ideas.   Here's a little glimpse into our classroom.  
Now a little bit about me . . . . I am not a morning person, but more of a night owl.  I'm kinda obsessed with polka dots, love taking pictures and I love dogs!!!  It's been a year since we lost our Jax and I'm ready to have another furry baby in our home.  
I love to scrapbook and create things.  For the past several years I have been creating invitations and envelopes on Etsy.  My latest creations are "Mousekeeping" envelopes.  I love coming up with new ideas and creations.

I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and married to a Cubs fan which makes baseball season fun!  Brett and I are both Fighting Illini Basketball fans and love to travel to see them play. 
 
And if you ever ride in my car or turn on my iPod, you are most likely to hear Dave Matthews Band playing . . . . just slightly obsessed with them!!  Brett and I have done a lot of traveling over the past few years and most of our trips included a concert or two!  Our most recent trips was to see them play at the Gorge in Washington State.  Best venue ever!!

Over a year ago I entered this blogging world with Caitlin (my teaching partner and "blogging buddy").  We started our blog Table Talk with C and C and I started my TPT store.  It's been quite an adventure!  I love creating new things for my class and sharing them on our blog and TPT.   I have been inspired by all of the teachers I've met thru blogs, Instagram, Facebook, etc.  I wish I had more time to incorporate all of the fantastic ideas I've learned about from all of you.   I can't wait to share some of my ideas with you on our new Collaboration Connection.  I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me!  

So . . . . to get started, I wanted to share a little freebie with you.  My students are really motivated by the Super Improvers thru Whole Brain Teaching.  Some of my students have finished our first set of levels, so I created a new set that are super hero themed.  They are loving it!! 


Click HERE or on the pictures above to download your set!

And, don't forget to check back to see if you won any of our raffles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment