Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hi!, I'm Amy Marie!



Hi! I’m Amy Marie from The Unique Classroom, and I’m excited about this new journey we’re about to embark on together!

First, though, is a little background about me…






My husband and I recently celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary, and our twin daughters are freshman in college this year. I got married relatively young, so I’m enjoying our empty nest as much as our girls are enjoying their first year away at school!




Our daughters have made us enormously proud. At school, “Baby B” is studying marketing with a minor in chemistry, and “Baby A” is studying to become an elementary teacher. They have grown into strong, independent young women, and I appreciate having the chance to cheer them on.

I started my career as a teacher later than most, because I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my girls when they were little. Once they started kindergarten, I volunteered at their school, and thought, I want to do this! I registered at Temple University, and with the enormous support of my husband, I have been able to see this dream become a reality.

The semester I began student teaching, we got our Sweet Boxer Dog, Maggie. Nothing like adding the pressure of training a new puppy with the stress of student teaching, but I wouldn't have done it any other way. A year later we brought our Sweet Pug, Chloe, home.  The two of them are best buds.

 


I’m a Disney Fanatic, and have been to Disneyland three times and Walt Disney World eight times.  One of those times was on our honeymoon (I know I married my soul mate; he loves Disney as much as I do!).

I love chocolate. I mean, I REALLY love chocolate. Chocolate milk, Hershey’s kisses and chocolate chip cookies are my kryptonite (or my fuel, depending on how you look at it). I've also begun a new stage in my personal fitness. Because I love chocolate. A lot.

My journey in teaching has been a rather straight-forward one. Two months after graduation from Temple, I was offered a position as a learning support teacher in the district I’m currently with.  At first I worked with students in first through fourth grades, splitting my time between them. After four years our district was realigned, and I asked to remain with my fourth graders. Every year has been a wonderful experience, giving me a chance to grow and learn as a teacher. 





                







I am so glad I decided to reach out to other teachers on Instagram. It has been an amazing experience learning from, and even helping, other talented teachers across the globe. The inspiration and support I feel on a daily basis is immeasurable. Instagram is where you will see photos of just about everything in my world, like our daughters, our dogs, my crafts, our RV, my art, my nook glow light, and of course my classroom!



 






I opened my TpT Store after searching everywhere for items designed for students with special needs. I soon realized that the products I was creating would benefit all types of learners! That is going to be my focus here on this blog: to help teachers help all of the learners in their classrooms, because as we all know, there isn't just “one size fits all” in education.









I can’t wait to begin this new phase in my career as an educator, and I look forward to collaborating with these wonderfully talented teachers, and sharing what we do with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment